TOP 5 programming language was an essential skill for IT professionals to have in the market.
The majority of IT professionals believe knowing more than one programming language is an essential skill to have in the current IT recruitment market, according to a report by IT recruiter Greythorn.
By picking the brains of Web developers and IT recruiters, BalajiIT Solutions selected 5 programming languages that are a bonus for developers to add to their resumes. Even better, they’re great jumping-off points, with loads of job opportunities for younger recruits.
- What it is: An open-source, interpretive, server-side, cross-platform, HTML scripting language, especially well-suited for Web development as it can be embedded into HTML pages.
- Why you should learn it: Its particularly widely used. “High-speed scripting with caching, augmented with compiled code plug-ins (such as can be done with Perl and PHP).
- What it is: A general-purpose, compiled, object-oriented programming language developed by Microsoft as part of its .NET initiative, it evolved from C and C++
- Why you should learn it: Its an essential part of the .Net framework.
- What it is: Perl is an open-source, cross-platform, server-side interpretive programming language used extensively to process text through CGI programs.
- Why you should learn it: Perls power in processing of piles of text has made it very popular and widely used to write Web server programs for a range of tasks.
- Why you should learn it: Embedded into HTML, its used in millions of Web pages to validate forms, create cookies, detect browsers and improve the design. With its simplicity to learn as well as wide use, its considered a great bang for your educational buck.
- What it is: An object-oriented programming language developed by James Gosling and colleagues at Sun Microsystems in the early 1990s.
- Why you should learn it: Hailed by many developers as a “beautiful” language, it is central to the non-.Net programming experience. “Learning Java is critical if you are non-Microsoft,”.